100 gm Tamarind
250 gm Potatoes or Arwi
2 tsp Cumin seeds
2-3 no Red dry chillies
1/2 tsp Dry ginger powder
125 gm Jaggery or sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
Chaat masala, chilli powder and salt to taste
Method of Preparation :
1. Soak imli/tamarind in lukewarm water for 1-2 hours or you can do this a day before.
2. Then with your fingers mash them and throw the stones. If you are using stoned tamarind/imli just mash with your fingers.
3. Now put crushed jaggery or sugar along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and ginger powder.(If you want to use this sauce for few days, boil the sauce and use when it cools down.
4. Roast cumin seeds along with dry chillies in a dry frying pan. When the colour turns brown put them on a plate. Now crush them with a rolling pin or pestle and mortar. Sprinkle this on tamarind sauce. Taste it. If you like you can mix a few teaspoons of mint sauce in it or crushed mint leaves.
5. Boil aloo or arwi(bhuiyan)and peel them. Dice them and keep aside.
6. When you serve, put diced aloo or arwi in a small bowl for each individual person. Sprinkle salt, chat masala, red chilli powder, a table spoon of beaten natural yoghurt and tamarind sauce.
This is yummy and suitable for fast.